Re: slow gl graphics

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 03:39:47PM +0200, Burkhard Ritter wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Geoff Crompton wrote:
>
> [...]
> >   I am using xlibmesa3 to provide libgl1, can I expect decent
> >   performance from using mesag3-glide2 to provide libgl1? How do I go
> >   about changing from xlibmesa3 to mesag3-glide2, considering that
> >   xlibmesa3 conflicts with libgl1, so I am not sure I can just instal
> >   mesag3-glide2, and then remove xlibmesa3.
> i have a voodoo3 (should be the same as banshee). i have installed
> xlibmesa3 and libglide3 and everything is working fine. i think the
> glide2 (and therefor also mesa-glide2) is for older 3dfx-boards (
> voodoo2, or so)

  The banshee pre-dates the voodoo3. It came out after the voodoo2, and
  I imagine (though I can't back this up) that the banshee is closer to
  the voodoo2 than the voodoo3.

  I think (and I will have to check this at home) that when I run the
  glide test binaries, I get errors about not being able to access the
  /dev/3dfx device. Can anyone give me more information about what
  supplies this 3dfx device?

  I will email more precise details about the errors, and which binaries
  I was trying tonight sometime.

  Cheers

  Geoff