Re: sources.list and url

Kendall Shaw <queshaw@pacbell.net> writes:

> Okay, how about this then?
>
> My sources.list file has entries for unstable, testing, stable and the
> url from which I can supposedly grab kde3 deb files.
>
> If I:
>
> apt-cache -f show kdebase
>
> It displays 2 entries, one for 2.2 kdebase and one for 3.0.3 kdebase.
>
> If I:
>
> apt-get -t unstable install kdebase
>
> it tries to install the 2.2 kdebase. How do I tell it to get kdebase
> from the KDE url, and not from the usual unstable URL?

Someone pointed out a solution which was to get a specific version, e.g.:

apt-get -t unstable install kdebase=4:3.0.3-1

Then all the dependencies fail, I suppose because it's only looking in
unstable/testing/stable, so I had to get them all by specifying the
specific version for each, before proceeding.

If there is a better solution to this, I'd like to know. I would think
this would be a common problem.

My impression is that apt-get is only looking at the unstable, testing
and stable URLs, but not the kde URL, which itself is not a place to
get debian: unnstable, testing or stable, but simply a place with some
kde deb files.