why is /dev/rd/c0d0p7 the maximum

Hi,

I am installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 on a VA Linux Box with a SCSI Raid
(Mylex).

When I partition the hard drive (I have only on 17Gig drive in the Raid Array
(in raid level 7)), I can split the disk in several partition like :
/dev/rd/c0d0p1 -> /
/dev/rd/c0d0p2 -> swap
/dev/rd/c0d0p3 Extended
/dev/rd/c0d0p5 -> /usr
/dev/rd/c0d0p6 -> /var
/dev/rd/c0d0p7 -> /foo
/dev/rd/c0d0p8 -> /bar
/dev/rd/c0d0p9 -> /bofh
/dev/rd/c0d0p10 -> /doh

In /dev/rd/c0d0 stops at /dev/rd/c0d0p7 anyway.
So, when I want to initialize the partition I only see the ones up to
/dev/rd/c0d0p7

I have finished the installation anyway.

Then I have checked again and I still have nothing over c0d0p7.
Because /dev/rd/c0d0pX has for minor/major 48/X I had the idea to create the
device with mknod.
Even with /dev/rd/c0d0p8 created "properly" I still can't initialize the
partition with mkreiserfs

Any clue ?

Thanks,
Jean-Michel