sources.list and url

Hi,

I don't understand the format of sources.list after looking at the APT
howto and the source.list man page.

KDE lists debian packages at some url, e.g.:

http://www.blarg.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.3/Debian

At that URL there are kde directories and the files Packages.gz and
Sources.gz.

What is the relationship between directories and the source.list
lines?

What I've read so far refers to a place where the debian distribution
is kept. The url above is not debian, it's kde. I tried:

http://www.blarg.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.3/Debian ./

But, apt-get update produces:

Ign ...

I suppose I can go grab all the deb files, but I'd like to understand this.