sources.list and url

I don't understand the format of sources.list after looking at the APT
howto and the source.list man page.

KDE lists debian packages at some url, e.g.:

At that URL there are kde directories and the files Packages.gz and

What is the relationship between directories and the source.list

What I've read so far refers to a place where the debian distribution
is kept. The url above is not debian, it's kde. I tried:

http://www.blarg.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.3/Debian ./

But, apt-get update produces:

Ign ...

I suppose I can go grab all the deb files, but I'd like to understand this.