Re: xcdroast problem (Solved)

On Sunday 25 di August 2002 18:43, Chris Lale wrote:
> If you tested a burn using cdrecord you could eliminate any problems
> with X front ends like X-CD-Roast, gtoaster etc.
>
> It is straightforward:
>
> 1. Check your cd-writer's scsi id with cdrecord -scanbus (eg 0,0,0)
>
> 2. Create a test iso image (of eg /home/chris/xml-docs/) with mkisofs:
> mkisofs -R test-image.iso /home/chris/xml-docs/
>
> 3. Record the CDR with cdrecord:
> cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,0,0 -eject test-image.iso
>
> 4. Repeat step 3 for different speeds.
>
> More details in man mkisofs and man cdrecord

I finally moved the writer to hdd and could burn cd's using gtoaster.
When I burned a data cd in 12x gtoaster told me that speed was 8x in the
console, but writes the cd sucessfully.
I could burn an audio CD at speed 16x using the Burn-proof flag but burning
at 24x without the flag crashed ...
Think I'll try direct cdrecord use once I've bought a mountain of cd's !

Thanks a lot for your explanations
Gregor