Re: SCSI emulation in kernel 2.4.17

Okay, I included all SCSI kernel stuff and loaded the modules ide-scsi and
sr_mod at boot time ! I compiled ide-cd as module but do not use it. All
informations I could grab on the internet used both and had to pass through
all kind of tricks ... so let's go for 'everything is SCSI" !

Unfortunately, I still use potato (with some pieces from woody and some from
sarge) so I guess that I have to go into the symlink step ! For the time
beeing, 'cdrecord -scanbus' does not seems to detect anything and I still can
mount the device using 'mount /dev/hdb /cdrom'. What symlink must I create
(I've got CDRom in hdb and hdc) or which woody tool must I install to perferm
that task.

Thanks a lot for your help

Gregor