Re: Is there a limitation on swap parition size linux can use?

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:12, Bob Hilliard wrote:
> > That is correct.  Your limit is 10 swap spaces of 2G each on i386
> > (different sizes on other architectures).
> >
> > Also if you want more than 2G of swap you probably want to use multiple
> > hard drives as having so much swap on a single drive will be bad for
> > performance.
>
> I have 2 1G swap partitions on different drives.  I have not specified
> priority, but /proc/swaps shows that one has priority -1 and the other
> has priority -2.  Would performance be enhanced if I specified the
> same priority for both?

If both drives have the same performance characteristics and the same amount
of non-swap load then giving them both the same priority will be expected to
increase performance.

However if there are different amounts of load on the two drives then maybe
you should have the priority settings match that...