Re: Is there a limitation on swap parition size linux can use?

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:50, Walter Tautz wrote:
> I heard that 2Gb is the limit. If so I would have
> to create distinct swap partitions if I wanted to
> have more than 2Gb swap? Just wondering...

That is correct.  Your limit is 10 swap spaces of 2G each on i386 (different
sizes on other architectures).

Also if you want more than 2G of swap you probably want to use multiple hard
drives as having so much swap on a single drive will be bad for performance.