Re: Java: basic test

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 12:31:24AM +0300, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
| I just try to install Maple8 on my potato box.
| A `LAXUNIX.SH - LaunchAnywhere (tm) version 4.5.2' is used.

Ahh, I'm familar with LaunchAnywhere.  It is created by Install
Anywhere, an installer product for Java programs.  One of my employers
use[ds] it.

| When I launch it,
| a window arises with the error message:
|

| Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class
| 'com.zerog.ia.installer.Main' must be public and have a 'public static
| void main(String[])' method. (LAX)
| <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
|
| I you suspect, I guess, the error is very basic.

Yep, a CLASSPATH problem.

Somewhere in your Maple installation you have a .jar file.  The
LAUNIX.sh script is an ugly shell script that tries to figure out
where the .jar files are and include them in the CLASSPATH and then
run the application.  The problem is it isn't finding it like it is
supposed to.  Can you post the path(s) to the .jar files from Maple
and LaunchAnywhere/InstallAnywhere?  IIRC the LAUNIX.sh script has a
verbose option that will display what it is trying to do and what it
came up with for the CLASSPATH.  If you find such an option, post the
output as well.  If not, then try hacking the script with 'echo'
commands so you can figure out enough of what it is doing to correct
the problem.

HTH,
-D

--