Re: Java: basic test

--- Jerome BENOIT <benoit@eie.gr> wrote:
> Hi All !
>
> I wonder if Java is well installed on my potato box:
> is there somewhere a battery of test for Java ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jerome BENOIT
>
> --
> Jerome BENOIT, Ph.D.
> JGMBenoit@wanadoo.fr
>

> --

I don't think a full java system came with Potato.
However, it can certainly run the java JDK's availabel
from the blackdown project.  I have 1.18 and 2.0 from
there running on my Potato.

Those files are rather big, buf if/when you get them
downloaded, installation is easy, just unzip, and
setup some path statements to the java location.

Java works very well in Linux.
I've noticed significant slowness only in the Jave
file i/o functions, which for my purposes I rectified
by writing some C i/o functions for use in Java.