Re: downgrade a package wich is needed by others

Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch> writes:
> I did a little mistake... I recently had unstable in my sources list to
> install some specific packages from unstable. Unfortunatly i forgot to
> comment the unstable line in the sources list out when i installed libfam0
> and i had then the version installed suplied with unstable. So far so good
> but now it turned out that i need exaclty the version wich is supplied with
> woody.

This is easy and straightforward to do with aptitude.  Find libfam0,
press return; at the bottom of the screen that comes up is a list of
candidate versions.  Press '+' on the version you want.  It should
magically do the downgrade for you.

   "apt-get...may be considered the user's 'back-end' to other tools
                using the APT library."  -- apt-get(8)