Re: ext3 - corrupt

Hmmm, interesting.  I had the same problem with an ext3 partition on a
Maxtor drive.  Got to the point where I had to re-install.  I was using
kernel version 2.4.17 at the time.  I think the problem is with ext3.
Since I re-installed and went back to ext2 on the same drives, I've had
no further problems.  I've also gone through kernel versions 2.4.18 and
currently on 2.4.19.  I might add, however, I have had ext3 on my laptop
since 2.4.17 with no problems.  Besides different drives, there is only
one partition  on the laptop, whereas my desktop has 4.(not including
swap).  I don't know about you, but I'm steering clear of ext3 until
some time in kernel 2.6.x,  -mk