Re: write file to nfs-server - permission denied

Hi Alexis - nice to hear from you again

> > Today I get an error message: ... cannot create file ... Permission
denied

> who is copying files from client to server? if it is root take a look at
> the root_squash (IIRC) option. If it is another user, is it defined on
> both computers? does it share the same UID on both computers? does it
> have write permissions (acording to server filesystem restrictions) on
> the target directory?

Your hint was again right. I think I tried the no_root_option today, but now
I rebooted and remounted - and it works.

I think I should read those howto-manuals more accurate :-)

Thanks for your help and your lesson
Sara

http://www.gmx.net