Re: Grep puzzle. Bug?

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 23:07, Richard Kimber wrote:
> I don't seem to be able to get the grep I have ( 2.4.2-3) to search
> recursively.  The man page gives a -r option for this, and this is what
> I've always used with my previous distro.  Is there a bug? Or am I using
> it incorrectly?
>
> grep -r text *.htm
>
> only finds text in the current directory, but this is how I've always used
> it for recursive work.

No, I don't think it is a bug. That's how it's supposed to work.

See `info grep`:

`-r'
`--recursive'
     For each directory mentioned in the command line, read and process
     all files in that directory, recursively.  This is the same as the
     `-d recurse' option.

--
Claudio Bley                                                        _
                                             ASCII ribbon campaign ( )