DLS connection (Thank you) & BTW

Hello again,
I did not go to sleep, I got thrown out of here (the
 school) abruptly.  I left you a message when I got home.

The connection to the gate way was not recognized until I
 corrected the /etc/modules  file so the NIC would be
 recognized at boot,  and then found another error (typing)
 in the /etc/network/interfaces  file in the inet stanza
 where I typed gatway instead of gateway (amazing what you
 can miss after 10 hours of looking at something and then
 taking a fresh look in the morning)

Bottom line:
after reboot I am presently upgrading over the net.  thansk
 alot for your and everyon's help.  If you feel like
 answering a simple question:

When I installed I put the system and swap partition on the
 first hd (a small 3 gig thing).  I would like to move the
 /home and /usr to the second larger hd.  can I just mv
 them and mount the second hd in the fstab file?