Re: Monitorring a SMART-UPS under linux

Frank Brodbeck said:
> I did create the pwrchute even before launching upsd.
> And as a matter of fact I'm able to logon with pwrchute onto
> my machine. Changed the username from pwrchute to PWRCHUTE,
> rebootet the machine, nothing.
> It still complains that I'm trying the wrong password to use.

maybe your password is too long? not sure what could be wrong
here, I stopped NUT on one of my machines and fired up powerchute
and was able to login on the first try. my password is 10 characters
long

you are running powerchute as uid root? and your using 4.5.2
glibc for powerchute?(I haven't tried any of the newer ones)

don't know what else to suggest

nate