slow gl graphics

  It seems that whenever I play any gl game on my system, it is
  incredibly slow. tuxracer, race, mangoquest, billard-gl. Even the
  menu at the start of the games is blindingly slow. It is difficult to
  even quit the game, cause the cursor (in tuxracer) is so lagged behind
  my movements on the mouse. This problem occurs under full screen games
  (tuxracer) and under windowed games (I think race).

  I am using xlibmesa3 to provide libgl1, can I expect decent
  performance from using mesag3-glide2 to provide libgl1? How do I go
  about changing from xlibmesa3 to mesag3-glide2, considering that
  xlibmesa3 conflicts with libgl1, so I am not sure I can just instal
  mesag3-glide2, and then remove xlibmesa3.

  I am running a PIII 800Mhz, 512 Mb SDRAM, and using a Voodoo Banshee.
  I am running off some pre-release Woody CDs, from about May. I'm
  hoping to get my stable Woody CDs in a couple of weeks.

  Thanks for any help
  Geoff