Why is there no tool to make an identical installation on several PCs - or is there

Hi,

I am looking for a tool that allows me to do an identical installation -
packagewise - on two copmuters (or more). One ist already installed and
running, the other has only a small installation of Woody running. Now I
would like the second computer to have the very same packages installed
as are on the first one. Since there is only a connection via the
internet between those two computers I do not want to rsync or whatever.
I would like only to fetch a list of all the packages installed on
number one and "reinstall" them on computer two. Something like 'apt-get
install --from-file list-of-installed-packages-on-computer1.txt' on
computer 2 would be great ;-)

Since I was not able to find something suitable ... maybe someone of you
has an idea.

Greethings from the world around,
Guido