Re: CUPS

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 10:32:35AM +0200, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

| But I still have to run lp with -d HP -h alhandra, even when I ran
| lpoptions -h alhandra -p HP.
|
| The man says that lpoptions run without arguments gives me the default
| printer but it just gives an empty line.
|
| Does someone have any pointers?

One solution is to use a web browser and browse to
http://alhandra:631/ and tell it what the default printer is.  I use
'lpstat -d' to display what the default printer is.  Another way to
set the default is to edit /etc/cups/client.conf and specify
    DefaultPrinter HP@alhandra

-D

--
Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in a
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the world

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/