Re: CUPS

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, David P James wrote:

> There are a number of network-like options that have to be changed
> (Debian defaults to lock-down).
>
> If I still knew what the unaltered version looked like I could tell you
> what had to change :)

Here are the bits I changed:

#
# Browsing: whether or not to broadcast and/or listen for CUPS printer
# information on the network.  Enabled by default.  <-- NOT so in Debian
#

#Browsing Off
Browsing On

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.1.*  <-- adds my local subnet
</Location>

And in the section headed

<Location /admin>

## Restrict access to local domain
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.1.*  <-- again adding my subnet

That appears to be it!

hth

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*