SSH/Telnet clients' keymapping bad after dist-upgrade to Woody

I often use putty and TeraTerm from Win95/98 to telnet and ssh into a couple of Debian systems.

After a dist-upgrade on both systems, keys aren't mapping right at all.

For instance, Home and End do not work right, either at the command prompt, or within vim.

I tried recompiling my putty terminfo information, but the resulting file was no different from the one already in /usr/share/terminfo.

Making putty tell the system that it's xterm helps a little, but is not ideal.

Can anyone give me a clue what broke and how to fix it? Everything used to be working great with both clients. Thanks in advance.