SSH forwarding with an "untrusted" user

I've got a series of remote locations that I need to be able to connect to
from head office.

I need to be able to give a user the ability to ssh in, using port
forwarding(such as through putty), to a machine inside the firewall at
the remote location.

So I load up putty, setup the forward, and it works and all.

Here's the catch..  There's a shell running in the background.  How do I
do this, without leaving a shell running around where the "untrusted" user
can access it?

There's an option in ssh to not allocate a pseudo-terminal, but I don't
trust the user not to change that.  I need something server-side for that
user login.

Mike