Samba-Bug? (file exists)

Dear List-members,

since the last update from potato to woody
a little problem with our samba-server accured:
When one tries to copy a file from WinNT to the
samba-server, the server claims that the file
already exists, even if it had not been existing.
When you tell the dialog to over-write the old file,
samba writes a new file with 0kB length.

Here is our data:

smbd version 2.2.3a-6 for Debian
Kernel: Linux version 2.4.18
(We are using a Software-Raid)
And the config-file had been always working perfectly well.

Therefore I guess that this could be a bug in the
current smbd for debian. (I read about that this problem
might have something todo with a new preempt-mode?!)

The question is: what should one do about it?
- Change to the old version of samba?
- Using an older Kernel?

Did anybody experience the same problem with the current version?

Thanks in advance for any hints and comments,
Oliver

--
## Oliver Sass
## sass@gw.sino.uni-heidelberg.de