dependency problem!!!

Hi Friends,

I am using woody. I used dselect to install php4(4.0.5-2).But it said it depends on apache-common(1.3.19-1) which is already installed(I don't know why that happens). Then I used dpkg to install php4 like this...

"dpkg --force-depends -i php4_4.0.5-2.deb"

It installed without any problems. I put the php4 package on hold.Then I tried to install other packages like php4-mysql,gnome-sudo etc., But still it complains like this

"You have held broken packages"
"php4: depends on apache-common.Try running apt-get -f install".

When I try to do "apt-get -f install" it says it will remove php4. I am literally stuck up.

In such type of situations what should I do?Please advice.

Cheers!!!
Somu