Re: howto bcc the bcc's in mutt

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 04:09:16 +0000, p wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 12:02:36PM +1000, Chris Kenrick wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 01:56:01AM +0000, p wrote:
<snip>
>for example:
>
>	i have the 100 users's email addys as
>	an alias in .muttrc.
>
>	i send the same email to each of the
>	100 users by addressing it to myself
>	and "bcc-ing" it to the 100 users.
>
>	what i've seen is that the 100 users'
>	email addys are in the "resent-to"
>	header (like the attached, test
>	email).  what i'm hoping is that
>	_each user_ doesn't have to see the
>	other user's email addys, like what
>	the "list" (deb-user) does--we get
>	list emails without seeing who else
>	gets them.
>
>is this "bcc biz" the wrong approach?
>
>my predecessor used to send 3-page emails
>in which the content was only maybe 4
>lines.  the rest was basically all email
>addys.  what a waste and users made fun
>of it.  (my brother's email jokes are like
>that, too.)
(especially after god-knows forwards :^})

(disclosure--can't even spell mail gurew)

This looks like a job for a mail list manager, eg. mailman or
courier-mlm.  One of the exim/mutt experts can tell you whether exim or
mutt supports address book groups.  If either does, then a message to
the group would go out to each member with the group name in the To:
line, much like a mail list or what you're looking for with bcc's.
--
gt       kk5st@swbell.net
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---