Re: sid cleanup

On Sat, 2002-08-10 at 12:28, Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Phil Reardon said:
> > I have a problem on my sid box, which might eventually go away by
> > itself. On the other hand, it may require some action on my part.
> > Perhaps you could tell me whether and how I might do some aptish cleanup
> > to fix this problem:  I had a broken install of netsaint a few weeks
> > ago, and since then every upgrade gives these messages,
> >

> > Preconfiguring packages ...
> > (Reading database ... 62533 files and directories currently installed.)
> > Preparing to replace netsaint 0.0.7c-0.3 (using
> > .../netsaint_0.0.7c-0.3_i386.deb) ...
> > Unpacking replacement netsaint ...
> > /var/lib/dpkg/info/netsaint.postrm: line 49: /etc/init.d/apache: is a
> > directory
> > dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 126
> > dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
> > /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 49: /etc/init.d/apache: is a directory
> > dpkg: error processing
> > /var/cache/apt/archives/netsaint_0.0.7c-0.3_i386.deb (--unpack):
> >  subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 126
> > /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 49: /etc/init.d/apache: is a directory
> > dpkg: error while cleaning up:
> >  subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 126
> I am not familiar with netsaint, and I don't run apache, but you could
> look at /var/lib/dpkg/info/netsaint.postrm to see what is breaking
> (apparently something on line 49) - it looks like it's trying to affect
> apache in some way (resart it, whatever) and it's failing.  If you can't
> figure out what it's trying to do on your own, post this part of the
> postrm (a couple lines on each side of line 49 ought to do it) and we'll
> go from there.
> HTH,
> Steve
> --

Thanks again for your help.  Here is the block of script containing line
49: (Note I have no httpd.conf file anywhere on my system)

                if [ -f /etc/apache/httpd.conf ] ; then
                # Remove from httpd.conf (current method)
                        perl -pe 'BEGIN { $/ = undef } ; s/\n# BEGIN FOR
NETSAINT.*# END FOR NETSAINT\n//ms;' < /etc/apache/httpd.conf >
/etc/apache/httpd.conf-dpkg.netsaint
                        cp -L /etc/apache/httpd.conf-dpkg.netsaint
/etc/apache/httpd.conf
                fi

                /etc/init.d/apache reload
        fi