Re: Gnome2

Another solution would be to edit your './sources.list' file, all you have to do is to replace the word stable with unstable. Please note, do one line at the time. For instance, modify the first line and then do an 'update' and 'dist-upgrade' ['dist-upgrade' is better than 'upgrade'], than move to the next line and so on and so forth. Don't ask me why, that's the way I got it to work here. Crazy, eh!

Good luck

On 2002.08.08 04:14 Nick Hastings wrote:
* Robert L. Harris <Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net> [020808 05:20]:

> I'm running debian unstable.  How do I upgrade to Gnome2?  I've done
> dist upgrades but it seems as if nothing has changed.

Put this in your sources.list

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main

then install (dont take the package names literally)

apt-get -t experimental install  gnome2-user-guide
gnome-control-center2
gnome-panel2 libgnome2-common libgnome2-bin gnome-session2

This info was previously posted on this list by someone more
knowledgeable than
myself. So have a look in the archives for details.

Be warned; the  experimental archives can get a bit hairy at times.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux onefish 2.4.18-lavienx #1 Tue Jun 25 19:07:48 EST 2002