Re: Gnome2

* Robert L. Harris <Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net> [020808 05:20]:

> I'm running debian unstable.  How do I upgrade to Gnome2?  I've done
> dist upgrades but it seems as if nothing has changed.

Put this in your sources.list

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main

then install (dont take the package names literally)

apt-get -t experimental install  gnome2-user-guide gnome-control-center2
gnome-panel2 libgnome2-common libgnome2-bin gnome-session2

This info was previously posted on this list by someone more knowledgeable than
myself. So have a look in the archives for details.

Be warned; the  experimental archives can get a bit hairy at times.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux onefish 2.4.18-lavienx #1 Tue Jun 25 19:07:48 EST 2002