module loading at startup problem

Hi,

i need the modules sg and ide-scsi to be loaded at startup to get my
cdrom and cdwriter working. (hdc is a cdrom, hdd is cdwriter)
I added these lines to /etc/modules since i use scsi emulation:
sg
ide-scsi

Since the CD-Writing howto said something about adding it
to modules.conf, i added these lines to /etc/modutils/arch/i386 and
then did update-modules

options ide-scsi ignore=hdd
alias scd0 sg
pre-install sg modprobe ide-scsi

I made some modifications that must be wrong since the modules
don't get loaded at startup (lsmod doesn't show them)
Plus today i added the first cdrom also as scsi so the first line is
wrong probably as it should say ignore:hdc too. Anyway,
the other modules (sr_mod & ide-cd) mentioned in the CD-Writing
HOWTO where not available for my 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel (Debian 3.0)
so that's the reason why i did the modifications to the lines in
/etc/modutils/arch/i386.

What do i have to change to load the modules sg and ide-scsi at
startup? Do i really need the sr_mod & ide-cd modules for writing?

I also added this to lilo
image=/vmlinuz
 label=Linux
 read-only
 append="apm=on apm=power-of idebas=33 hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi
               max_scsi_luns=1"

Thanks.