Re: Problem with ghostscript in Woody 3.0 r0

On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 22:32:03 +0100 Chris Lale <ctlale@netscape.net> wrote:

> I have just installed Woody 3.0 r0. Ghostscript sends raw PostScript to
> my Canon BJC-4200 inkjet printer,
> instead of an image of the source.
> I have a test file containing one word of text, produced on Abiword and
> printed to file as gstest.ps. I sent it to the printer via ghostscript
> using the following command from a terminal window:
>
> gs -sDEVICE=bjc600 -sOutputFile=|lpr /home/chris/gstest.ps

1) You should escape the pipe symbol, thus: -sOutputFile=\|lpr
otherwise the shell will get in the way.

2) Since gs is piping the output through lpr, maybe you should also post
here the contents of your /etc/printcap file, maybe there's a problem
there (actually, this is a bit strange, lpr should call gs, not the other
way around).

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/