re: printer and sound card setup and WIN2K dual-boot

i am new to debian and just installed 3.0r0 everything works fine except for my canon bjc-2000 printer and my creative SB-live. it doesnt print or play sound and i dont kno how to set them up,anyone please tell me how? i would really appreciate the help.

For printing, most apps output PostScript. Use Ghostscript to translate the PS into an image and send it to your print spooler (lpr). Use a "magic filter" like Apsfilter. Full details at

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/

This worked for me on Potato 2.2r4, but is not working for my BJC-4200 on Woody 3.0 r0. Please let me know if it works for you.

Chris Lale.