installing debian w\ promise 20276 raid card

I have a gigabye mobo with the promise 20276 raid card, and would like to install debian. I know support for this card is included in kernel 2.4.19 and above. If I try with any of the current debian boot disks, it just tells me it can not find any hard drives attached to my computer. What would be the best way to go about this? I'm not a total newbie, but far from an expert as well.
Matthew