Re: Is there an apt-get install log?

There's always deborphan, which looks for packages on which nothing
depends.

apititude seems to somehow keep a list of which packages were installed
because you wanted them, and which packages where installed simply to
satisfy dependancies, and then removes such packages when the packages
they were serving are removed. Personally I think this concept is
fantastic, and that apt-get should have a similar function.