Re: apt-proxy error

Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@mindspring.com> [2002-08-05 20:38:54 -0400]:
> Having just been installing woody, I can say that the install _asks_
> whether you want to include non-free and contrib; if you say yes, they're
> included.

Not woody in general.  apt-proxy in particular.  This is not
/etc/apt/sources.list.  This is /etc/apt-proxy/apt-proxy.conf.

  apt-get install apt-proxy

Then edit /etc/apt/soures.list to be only the following.  This points
your sources to your own proxy.  (Really this is not a useful
configuration.  Normally you would proxy on a common machine and other
hosts would point to that common proxy host and not to themself.
Replace localhost with your proxy host.  But this is a good test.)

  deb http://localhost:9999/main stable main contrib non-free
  deb-src http://localhost:9999/main stable main contrib
  deb http://localhost:9999/non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
  deb-src http://localhost:9999/non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

Does it work?  I will try it myself later.  But I had to make
modifications to /etc/apt-proxy/apt-proxy.conf to make that work.

Bob