Re: xfs is not runnig

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 07:22:44PM +0200, Ghe Rivero wrote:
> I have a recent Woody, but i'm having a lot of problems with the fonts.
> I realized that the xfs is not runnig, and i dont know how to make it
> work. I have tried to run it (/etc/init.d/xfs start), but nothing
> happens (it doesnt appears in netstat -ta)

Are you sure you need xfs?  X can get all its fonts from the filesystem;
you probably only need xfs if you need to make your mahines fonts
available to other machines on the network.

An exception to this is if you're using XFree86 3.x or earlier and want
to use xfstt or xfs-xtt to allow your X server to use TrueType fonts.

noah