Re: Getting autofs to work "the Debian Way (TM)"

* Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> [2002 Aug 04 18:49 -0500]:
> This is most likely because you are using a kernel with vfat support
> compiled as a module and the module is not loaded when you attempt to
> access the floppy with the fstype set to auto.

That was exactly it.  mount(8) can load the module while automount(8)
seems unable to.  I added vfat to /etc/modules and restarted the system
and autofs took off and ran as I expected.

> I take it you mean "mount" not "moun".

Ummmm, yeah...Bad keyboard!  Bad keyboard!!  Uh ohh... Down boy.  Down!

>  Does your /etc/fstab has the type as auto for the floppy entry?

Yes, it does.  Thus my conclusion about mount(8) above.  Thanks!

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and