woody: Installing KDE but not GNOME, removing GNOME

hi,

is it possible to have more fine-grained control over tasks ?
For example, I'd like to install KDE but not GNOME (and tasksel
only offers "Desktop"). How about installing the devel-packages
for either KDE or GNOME ?

Also: how can I remove any of these tasks ? with woody's task-packages I
was able to do this:
PACKAGES=

for i in `apt-cache depends $1 | grep Depends | gawk '{ print $2}'`
do
  PACKAGES="$PACKAGES $i"
done

echo "removing $PACKAGES..."

# needed for su
export PACKAGES
su -c 'dpkg -r $PACKAGES'
export -n PACKAGES

How do I do this with the new task-system ? Can I completely remove
GNOME 1 when I switch to GNOME 2 ?

thanks,

--
Felix Natter