Re: box freezes after upgrade to woody

    "Rudy" == Rudy Gevaert <rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be> writes:

    Rudy> I ran memtest, with the log option enabled, but after a tim
    Rudy> my systems froze and I couldn't find the log :(.

    Rudy> In what logfiles should I also look?

This problem seems way beyond my experience so I'm running out of
suggestions here.

Look in /var/log/messages, /var/log/syslog and /var/log/debug to start
with. Try and see if there is a warning/error message that was written
just before the system hung (it useful to run an xterm that has tail
-f on these files).

Also, try memtest86 (as opposed to memtest) because it runs
independent of Linux or any other OS.

Good luck!
Shyamal