Re: Temperature monitoring

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:11:43 +0100 Keith O'Connell
<keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> > Yes, GKrellm and some other programs support lm-sensors, which
> > provides the kernel and daemon stuff to do the monitor and other
> > programs connect to it to get the values that are availble in
> > the BIOS.
>
> I installed and ran it. It is very nice, but there is no sign of
> temperature. Could you elaborate on how?
>
>  I downloaded gkrellm & gkrellm-gnome from woody

You need to install "lm-sensors-source" to provide kernel drivers and
"lm-sensors" to provide tools for using the drivers.  And lastly, if you
want to read the information via gkrellm, you will need to get the plugin
from www.gkrellm.net as it does not appear to be packaged for Debian yet.

--
Jamin W. Collins