Re: Temperature monitoring

G'Day,

I never got the follow up message :(

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:11:43 +0100 Keith O'Connell
> <keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Yes, GKrellm and some other programs support lm-sensors, which
> > > provides the kernel and daemon stuff to do the monitor and other
> > I installed and ran it. It is very nice, but there is no sign of
> > temperature. Could you elaborate on how?
> >  I downloaded gkrellm & gkrellm-gnome from woody
> You need to install "lm-sensors-source" to provide kernel drivers and
> "lm-sensors" to provide tools for using the drivers.  And lastly, if you
> want to read the information via gkrellm, you will need to get the plugin

Yeah you have to compile the lm-sensors-source for the kernel, download
lm-sensors.

gkrellm has the support built in, you MUST have lm-sensors working before
it shows up and when it does it will show up in the config->builtins/Sensors
(first option under Builtins on the version I am running
(1.2.11 in config->About))

If you have not fully installed lm-sensors however it will not show up. I
had this problem when I last recompiled my kernel and forgot to install
the extra modules.

Cheereo,
--
                  \\\