Re: [DEB-USER] alternative motd and logo?

On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 10:36:51AM +0800, csj wrote:
> Some people, migrating from the Windows or Mac world, probably can't use
> Linux without X/Gnome (or KDE). I know I couldn't when I first started
> with Mandrake. Should we then call a typical desktop distribution a
> GNU/Linux/X/Gnome operating system? I define an operating system as all
> that stuff that just sits there quietly in its little corner until it
> starts throwing a tantrum or blue screen of death.

Actually I do say which window or desktop manager I'm using.  Right now
I'm running KDE3, so when I talk about my system, I say it is Debian
GNU/Linux with KDE3.  I'm not saying everyone should do this, but I do
include it because it is a completely different interface than if I were
using just Enlightenment as I occasionally do.

--
Jason Stechschulte
stech@ypisco.com