wu-ftpd, telnetd, and neighbor table overflow blues

I have a box that i recently upgraded to Debian 3.0 from 2.2 with the
go-woody script. The box had been sitting in a corner for the past few
months. I set up telnetd and wu-ftpd without a hitch, and made several
succesful logins to each. I then started to get neighbor table overflow
messages, and now i can no longer connect to the telnetd server.  I
tried re-installing netkit-inetd and telnetd to no avail. I cannot
think of what the problem could be.

Jeremiah Bailey