My LDAP "HOWTO"

I have been working on this for about 8 or 9 hours now
trying to dump all my knowledge about ldap into a document,
formatting needs quite a bit of work but I figured I'd post
about it since there have been a few posts on the subject
recently. And because there is a severe drought of such
information on the internet(in my journeys).

My document at the PRESENT time covers:

* Compiling/installing openldap 2.0.23 on debian 3.0
* Compiling/installing pam_ldap and nss_ldap modules
(when i say compiling, i mean compile to use SSL)
* Configure Openldap to use SSL/TLS
* Basic Population of the LDAP database
* Configure LDAP authentication on Solaris 9
* Configuring pam_ldap and nss_ldap (both SSL & non SSL)
* Configuring Postfix to use LDAP and how to populate the
database so Postfix can use it
* Setting up LDAP replication over SSL
* Setting up Samba-tng as a PDC using LDAP as a back-end
* Keeping UNIX and SAMBA passwords in synch via SAMBA

Theres still some stuff missing, I think I will need another
few hours maybe I can finish it tomorrow, but the bulk of
the information is there, and I believe the bulk of it is
accurate. Most of it is pulled from memory, I will at some
point maybe this weekend go through everything on my laptop
step by step to be sure I didn't leave anything out.

some things are missing at the moment such as download links
for the ldif files I'll try to get those up in the next few
minutes.

The doc is 85k and is located here:
http://portal.aphroland.org/~aphro/ldap-docs/ldap.html

nate