Re: A1200 install problems

At 2002-08-01T22:39:01Z, Kent West <westk@nicanor.acu.edu> writes:

> James Zeun wrote:

>> Hope there is someone out there that can help me. I've tried to install
>> debian off the CD. But after the grey screen, i end up with a blank black
>> screen and the machine just sits there.  I have an Amiga 1200 with a
>> blizzard 1260

> It sounds as if the X server itself is running, but you don't have any
> clients (like window managers) running.

I suspect he's describing a more low-level problem.  Amigas cycle through
several screen colors during their POST sequence, each with a specific
meaning.  I think that black is the last color seen while the Kickstart is
trying to load the OS off of the boot drive.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/