Re: Nautilus2 freeze

Hi,

* Romel Sandoval <romel@prodigy.net.mx> [020801 14:41]:
> I dist-upgrade my debian to sid and install gnome2 via the
> experimental debian apt source and after some work everithing its
> fine now. Except for nautilus2.

apt-get remove --purge nautilus2

worked pretty well for me ;-)

> Every time I connect to the Internet Nautilus get freeze dont matter if
> there are a bunch of apps runing or only the gnome2 desktop. Just get
> freeze when I connect
>
> I connect to internet with the pon command, I configured my ISP account
> via pppconfig some time ago and have been working.
>
> I use this machine as a gateway with ip masquerading to other debian
> machine and I dont see any problems with this neither.
>
> What happends to Nautilus?
>
> I am the only one that have this problem?

Actually, while I had it installed it didn't seem to cause any problems,
but I didn't try to do anything with it... I think gnome just had it
running in the background.

Overall gnome2 has been working pretty well for me too. Only problem is
that it seems to try to start up two instances of sawfish, causing
logins to be rather slow. ...perhaps I should dig through some old
threads for an explanation.

Sorry I couldn't be more constructive.

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux onefish 2.4.18-lavienx #1 Tue Jun 25 19:07:48 EST 2002