Re: Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library [SOLVED]

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 12:10:15PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> > But when I do this I get the following message
> > prior to the opening of galeon:
> >
> > Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> >

> in a shell run this:
>
> echo $LC_ALL
> echo $LANG
>
> if the value is en_US (as I expect it is) then you need to edit /etc/locale.gen.
>
> Here is my file:
>
> en_US ISO-8859-1
> en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
>
> There is a comment at that top of the file explaining what it is, where to get
> info and what to do when you are done editing.

The comment gives an option of using dpkg-reconfigure locales, which I
exercised. It uses a gui and was totally painless. Your listing of
your file was a help. Without it I would have been at a loss. There
are so many choises.

Thanks.

--
Paul E Condon