Re: trying to build openafs client and it needs a properly configured pgp?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:01:42AM -0400, John F Davis wrote:
> Hello
>
> Something must have happened to make-kpkg recently, because while building
> open afs (make-kpkg modules), it now requires pgp.
> I have never installed or used pgp before, so I did a apt-get install pgp

[You'll probably find that most people around here use gnupg (=gpg),
rather than gpg, as gnupg is truly free.]

> and then tried to make-kpkg again.  It says it can't find the right public
> key and thus the build of my open-afs modules are failing.
>
> How do I quickly get a pgp key?  Can this be done in a day?

Easy (at least for gnupg):

    $ gpg --gen-key

and follow the prompts. AFAIR pgp has something similar. Check the
manpage.

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com