trying to build openafs client and it needs a properly configured pgp?

Hello

Something must have happened to make-kpkg recently, because while building
open afs (make-kpkg modules), it now requires pgp.
I have never installed or used pgp before, so I did a apt-get install pgp
and then tried to make-kpkg again.  It says it can't find the right public
key and thus the build of my open-afs modules are failing.

How do I quickly get a pgp key?  Can this be done in a day?

JD