AW: gdm automatic start

Hello,

you can use an not used runlevel f.e. rc4 for that:

link the file /etc/init.d/gdm to /etc/rc4.d/S99gdm and
set in /etc/inittab set 4th runlevel as default:

---I
id:4:initdefault:

then you can type directly "init 4" to change to the 4th runlevel. And
after boot the gdm will always be there.... =)

if you dont wan't gdm anymore "init 3"
And if you dont want it at boot change the inittab back to default 2/3