Re: Dvorak keyboard

ron.l.johnson@cox.net :

>If I decide to take the plunge, I presume that I pop all the keys
>off my keyboard and replace them in the new positions?

On some keyboards, maybe, but on mine the keycaps of different rows sit
at different angles.

As for Dvorak, well, we soon get into urban legend.  My sources aren't
at hand, but

* The original demonstration purporting to show Dvorak faster than
qwerty was fudged.

* It isn't true that the querty layout was devised to slow typists.

No flames, please: I really don't care which is which.  And if I'm
wrong, I'd like to be corrected -- with more evidence than I've provided
here!

On to tendonitis or carpal-tunnel syndrome or whatever.  Mine was
brought on by a mouse, & I corrected matters by acquiring a touchpad (a
Cirque Easy Cat), which is small enough that I can use it wherever it's
most comfortable, even on my knee.

Wendell Cochran
-- who at 72 is disconcerted at the revelation that a Debian user aged
76
(nearly) has pre-empted his perceived role as oldest of OFs in this
list.